How to say that a liquid is going out of the bowl where it is?

Alice Val Alice Val (2) on 27/07/13

What do you say if, for example, milk is boiling and going out of the casserole, "The milk is coming/going/running!"? :)



The milk is boiling over - (le lait monte et déborde de la casserole) Sorry if you're not Francophone



Alice Val Alice Val (2) on 27/07/13

Thank you, Paul! No, I'm not Francophone, but I understood "le lait" and "de la casserole" :).
Another additional piece of information related to the question you were asking: A milk watcher, milk saver, pot watcher, pot minder, milk guard, or boil over preventer is a cooking utensil placed at the bottom of a pot to prevent boiling over of liquids, and especially the burning (scorching) of milk. Source:

Alice Val Alice Val (2) on 27/07/13

:) Yes, if you have any of those utensils, you don't need to know that "the milk is boiling over" but not "coming/going/running", because it will never boil over :).

Your Answer